April 9, 2008

man it's getting hot..


April is the hottest month in Cambodia. The sun is brighter and stronger. I am horribly sunburned right now. And, my skin hurts. =(


This week we had a lady come and stay with us here at SLM for two nights. Her name is Lily and she is from India. She has her PhD and is working in Phnom Penh for two years on contract. She is one of the most delightful people I have met on this journey so far!! I love her!! She's funny, adventurous, extremely intelligent, gentle, kind, loving, sweet - man, I just loved her! I took her around for the past two days (hence the burn) and we had great fun together!! She says she lives in a great big apartment in Phnom Penh and insists that I stay with her whenever I am in the city. She is also going home to India for 1 month in June and said she's going to bring me back a gift!!


=)


Guess what all??! Brianna Siis has rented a motto for the next 6 weeks!


Yessss!!!


It's blue and made in China. I think it's called Smart-1. I'm not sure what year it is...


Anyways, I'm pumped! I've been out practising (part II why I have the burn) and I'm getting better!! It's still very scary driving in this traffic...


Today I looked through dress magazines and was measured for a dress!! I'm actually having two made for me! One will be a more traditional looking party dress, and the other will just be a fun dress to wear. But it will have a Cambodian feel to it I think..


Khmer New Year is almost upon us! Therefore, the students aren't showing up for classes now. But hey - I'm not complaining!


As I type, I can hear mice running around behind me in Jonah's office. It's getting late at night and I'm the only one still awake. Kind of makes me feel a wee bit frightened...


Oh! Yesterday, a package arrived in the mail for Tongpang, and it was from him mother. She gave me a traditional shawl! It's great!! Too hot to wear in Cambodia, but I'll try and give it some good use once I'm back in Canada!!


Umm, I'm not too sure what else to say right now. I'm pretty tired and I think I need to go to bed..


J-lady is 25 days away....

1 comment:

Janessa said...

seriously.
three weeks until i leave winnipeg.
two days of wedding, and then a long flight.
and then..
YOU YOU YOU!
so excited.
i'm making my packing list.
you'll laugh so hard when you read it.
it's ridiculously detailed. like shirt for shirt detailed.