December 16, 2007

7 more days...

I did not go to Thailand this weekend. I will be going either early this week with Jonah, or on Friday with the Secretary of State. This poses a problem. It's exam week. I am supposed to be going over a review with my students to prepare them for the exam on Friday. Friday. How can I go to Ko Kong when I am supposed to be conducting an exam? Jonah said he'd cover it for me. But I adore my students. I want to be there for them!



This is frustrating...



I preached another sermon today. I talked about how God uses regular ordinary people to do great things. I used Mary as my example and talked a lot about her. I also threw Noah in there for good measure. I talked about obedience and how these people had a choice to let God use them. God doesn't promise that life will be easy when you obey Him, but he will be with you through it all, and He will bless you because of it.



Kong is home!!!



He went away to Phnom Penh for the past 4 days and I missed him greatly! It was funny, he said after the first day he wasn't happy and he wanted to go home. Now, I should tell you that Jonah and Tongpang were also in Phnom Penh, but none of these people traveled together. Kong did however get together with them at one point, and after that he told me all he could think about was how his sister was at home alone (which I wasn't really, Rachha and Vothanak were home as well). He said he wanted to go home immediately. Everything in the world would be perfect once him and his sister were back together.



I feel so loved. =)



Tonight I finally got behind the stove and cooked a meal for my boys! It was OK. It was harder to cook here for several reasons. One being that I didn't have the same utensils, or the same ingredients (I threw in a bunch of things that I didn't know what they were) and I didn't have my spices!! When I cook at home, I use like a dozen different spices! But!! There was garlic. I used a little too much I think...



Does an entire bulb sound like too much...?

The highlight of my weekend was talking to Nick for hours on msn!! I love that boy! (not romantically, of course..*ahem*coughcough*pulls collar to side*uhhhhh*)

=D

No comments: