December 14, 2007

fact

I found an article through my student Nin. It's from The Cambodia Daily. I can't seem to find it online so I'll give you the gist of what it talked about....

The title was "Phnom Penh Listed Among Least Livable Cities".

A study was done on the living conditions of 132 cities around the world, and Phnom Penh (the capitol of Cambodia) was listed in the top 10.

We rank #8. Out of 132 cities we came in 125th.

We are right below Bogota, Clolombia (123) and Tehran, Iran (124) and above Dakar, Senegal (126). Algiers, Algeria was listed as the least livable city.

We are below Iran. Oh my....

The study is based upon standard of living, traffic, crime, poverty, cleanliness, etc...

There was also an article that said Phnom Penh was getting a KFC. This will be the first major fast-food chain to enter the Cambodian market.

I'm not excited about that...

2 comments:

Trevor said...

KFC! In Cambodia...that's just wrong!

As far as that survey goes, I wonder if they took into account, how great the people are, I would suggest...NO.

Bri said...

Haha, I agree!!!

But, I have to admitt, when I was in Thailand today, I could easily see how we were low on the list (or high?).

Cambodia is poor!! And dirty!! Like - Whoa...