December 19, 2007

Christmas talk

I need your help. Rachha and myslef are hosting our Christmas program here at SLM on December 25th.

That's not what I need your help with...

I am giving a talk about Christmas in Canada. I am finding it very hard to say good things that are unique to Canada. As of right now all I can think of telling them is that North America is a selfish materialist place, we have long forgotten the true meaning of Christmas and it has become nothing but a comercialized holiday.

Now, I know that if I look deep down inside of me, that's not how I really feel. But I am having a hard time writing anything.

This is where you come in.

If you can think of anything special about Canadian (or North American) Christmas, could you please pass it on to me? I'd like to say something that might be interesting or inspiring to hear.

Som au-kun (thank you very much)

PS. I decorated the Christmas tree for SLM today. It's such a Charlie Brown tree, it's not even funny. It's small and fake. It took about 5-10 minutes for me to decorate. And I'm talking lights, tinsel,decorations, evertything!

Shoot, I could really go for the smell of a real Christmas tree right now...

2 comments:

Q&L said...

wow, you kinda summed it up Brianna. so true. I'm thinking... I'll get back to you when and if I can get that other idea of a N.A. Christmas out of my head.

philter said...

don't forget the mass amounts of unnecessary food we consume. Then, when we are totally about to burst and say the infamous words of "i will never eat again" we stop back through the kitchen on the way to the couch and grab one last turkey sandwich.

Did you get my email friend? Glad your there. Some of my best Christmas's have been overseas. No need to fret, it could rule.